1/4/09

My New Year's Resolution...

Hello everybody.

Sorry for not blogging for awhile but life is just so difficult these days without a working computer.

Anyways as a way of making it up, I decided to dedicate this blog on what I feel this new year will bring as well as what has been happening in my life as of late.

To start off I have been feeling a little sick lately due to the weather and also because I kind of felt that I was "overdue" since I don't think I've ever gotten sick this past year. But anyways I'm feeling loads better now thanks to countless hours of bed rest and movie watching woohoo!

I know a lot of people are excited for 2009 as I am. It's another chance for us to not only change ourselves but hopefully the lives of the people around us as well. As result, many people that I know are making "New year's resolutions" to hopefully achieve what they want this coming year.

That's wonderful and all but for me, I've never actually believed in a "New year's resolution."

Why? I guess it's just something I don't really believe in.

Let me tell you the reason.

A few years ago, I tried making a New year's resolution for myself. I made up this long descriptive list of what I wanted to accomplish by the end of the year.

But when it was all said and done, I failed miserably.

Like really really bad. I think I only accomplished 2 of the 20 things I listed.

But that was that.

So as the years went by I kinda embraced the fact that instead of forcing myself to achieve each and every goal I want each year, sometimes it is just better to take life slowly, one day at a time.

I know it sounds corny and all but it's something that I have grown to embrace as I've grown up.

Also because, I hate it when I see and hear people making the exact same resolution as last year, and hoping that the next year will be different.

I just don't understand why people need to wait for a specific day to change?

It's like saying, " I'll wait till Christmas to actually start being generous and nice to people."

What makes those days different than any other days?

Seriously, plus if you can't get it the first few years, chances are you just end up forgetting about it or you become too lazy to even think about doing it.

Let me tell you, keeping a resolution is freaking hard! I tried and failed but I'm not saying I gave up. I just found it way easier for me to take life as it comes as opposed to making myself accomplish so many things in 365 days. Life is just easier that way.

Well for me anyway.

Plus I don't feel bad in the end if I don't succeed because I never made any promises to myself in the first place.

Right?

But to all the people that ARE successful in their New year's resolutions, I applaud you for not only keeping your resolutions but accomplishing them as well.

Cause like I said above, its freaking hard to do.

So instead of a resolution, I've decided to make a list of what I hope 09' will bring.

I hope 2009 will bring a year of

* love in my family and friends
* happiness for Jeff and Ate Christine's wedding
* companionship for anyone needing a friend to love and care for
* forgiveness in families that are facing difficult times
*learning the importance of one's mistakes
*God because we need HIM more than ever

Here's hoping that the year 2009 will bring this and all our aspirations to life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome!
why wait for a special day right?
jan 1st 2009 is just the day after dec 31st 2008 when it boils down to it.
we should always strive to improve ourselves,
no matter what day.
:)
love you bud.
miss you.

-pz