12/2/08

Being Thankful...


I know the Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone and Christmas is just around the corner. (weird huh?) It felt like only yesterday that the summer season just ended and school is just starting, but maybe that's just me =/ Anyways today I thought it would be nice just to look back and acknowledge some of the things that I take for granted in my life sometimes.

Anyways, here it goes...

I am first and foremost thankful to God for giving me the best parents anyone can ask for, because without them I would not have been able to be living the life I have today.

I am thankful for my 2nd family & friends, because they constantly give me the strength and inspiration to live everyday to its fullest.

I am thankful for my health and the health of my loved ones around me, that they remain strong and free from injury.

I am thankful to be going to Mount St. Mary's College, because they allow me to get the best possible education possible without leaving the comfort of my home.

I am thankful for the food and clothing that I have, and how I am not starving and naked unlike millions of people in poor countries.

I am thankful for my siblings, because they constantly teach me how to become a better brother and a person.

I am thankful for the gift of Music, and how it inspired me to appreciate other people's individual talents and abilities as well as my own.

I am thankful for
- my guitar
- my iPod
- my PS3
- my car
- my room
- my laptop
- my camera
- my Tv
- Lakers
- Facebook
- Myspace
- Youtube
- living in awesome California
- Blogging
- the crazy people at the Mount =)
- singing acapella
- minor progressions
- hot days, chilly nights
- hot chocolate on christmas eve
- scary movies
- complete randomness
- snow
- atwater village
- warm hugs
- warmer kisses
- peace
- love
- and originality.

I am thankful for my failures, because they all helped me to ultimately become the person I am today.

And lastly I am thankful for each day and the opportunity to live my life to the fullest...

=)

No comments: